Background information about Roseville Treescapes and Tree Care
- Kevin Kemper started his tree care practice while still in college in 1979
- Founded Kemper Tree Care in 1984
- Became an ISA certified arborist in 1987
- Sold Kemper Tree Care in 2000 to build what is known as Kemper Extreme Green
- Helped draft tree protection ordinances for Sacramento County, Placer County and the City of Roseville.
- Volunteered as technical advisor to the Sacramento Tree Foundation
- Board member of Roseville Urban Forest Foundation
Our Community Work
Roseville Office/Warehouse Built Greener Than Green
Original posting by Placer County In Progress Online Newsletter
In June 2008 Kevin Kemper, arborist and environmental consultant, broke ground on a commercial project meant to demonstrate just how efficient and comfortable a building can be. The result, opened for businesses in April 2010, is a 21,000-square-foot building that actually exceeds LEED Platinum standards for energy efficiency. The building design incorporates dozens of green features, including insulated concrete forms (ICF) for the walls; Cool Roof Membrane for the flat roof; Multiple Layer Radiant Barrier Insulation (similar to the kind used by NASA in insulating spacecraft); six-foot roof overhang to shield walls from sun; solar panels used to heat water, which then heats the building’s floors; and multiple skylights providing day-lighting of the whole building. The unique warehouse and office building now houses Aikido & Healing Center, offering classes in martial arts, yoga, and pilates; Roseville Brewing Co. brewing locally-sold beer; a new tree care business called Treescapes; and Dream Theatre, a performing arts center for adults with special needs. “The building is for people who care about green building and support it,” Kemper said. For details, click here or for the related the Press Tribune article at click here.